Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
One of these days it will make it into the top 10 on Google for "strength" searches. It's heading that way.
If you type in 'increasing strength' under discussions it comes out as top... not that I've checked or anything...

A few more thoughts:

Across the year there were a LOT of posts, probably more by me than Steve, about switching reps and subsequent justifications for why. Toward the end of the year though I started to look at things a bit more retrospectively and responded to change as being inevitable rather than something to fight against. (Credit to Steve he had already reached this stage long before I did!) This helped me a great deal in terms of sticking to things and also ease on the joints.

Lesson learned; if you feel that change is some to really fight against, you'll hurt yourself by not listening to your body and when you do finally change it will be this massive self-defeating event.

Solution: Don't worry about change! Let it happen and don't plan reps/sets too strictly. "The only way to win, is to deny the battle"... as it were!

In any case this is not just some psychological clap trap, each and every once of these changes ultimately proved useful in the short-term. It was the change which was useful not the rep/set scheme that was being changed to. The way the Dynamic work is set-up entrenches variety into the programme, and that seemed to work just as well as just doing things on the fly. Either planned or unplanned, variety is good. Also 3 week cycles are good.

More as it comes.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote