MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Your pressing is amazing. You made that 100 Kg bench look far too easy.

You don't arch much, are you trying to? Seemed like you started too, then just settled back down on the bench sort of flat.

Also, I notice you tuck your arms but the bar is basically hitting your upper chest and your elbows go down below the bench a fair bit. Almost like you are doing a close grip bench, but with the bar hitting too high. That could lead to some shoulder issues down the road, that's similar to what wrecked my shoulder for a while.

Just a thought, but if you take your hands out wider on the bar, pull your shoulder blades in tighter together and lower to the bottom of your sternum, you should get more power with less stress on your shoulders. If you arch more, that should be even less range of motion and more power too.

Just a thought or two. As always the secretary will disavow any knowledge of this post if does not prove useful! (Mission Impossible joke)

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote