MattyBoy
Brawn
Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6 Points: 336, Level: 6
Activity: 35% Activity: 35% Activity: 35%

Training Exp: 3 months
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Creatine Monohydrate
MattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributorMattyBoy is a consistent contributor
Default Critique my four year plan

I've just started. I been training almost 3 months. I've been learning a lot,but still have so much to learn. I want to do my first powerlifting competition in 4 years, (ill be 40). I weigh somewhere in the 270's now, and want to compete somewhere between 220 and 240 (I'm 5' 8"). I'm doing an A/B split twice a week right now. I'm going to change it to every 2 days ( A/ rest/ rest/ B etc). It's a progressive split, I started at about 90% my max. When I can do 3 X 12 ill raise the weight and start over. At my training level I think I can do this till April, with rest weeks, and build a decent foundation all winter.

In April I want to cut weight till August with 3 conditioning days and 1 or 2 strength days.

In August I want to focus on strength again. I don't know exactly how to go from here. Stick to strength or do a strength/ mass periodization? By then ill have a year in. I thought it should take two years of strength/ mass/ conditioning periodization to build a good base. Then for the next 2 years go ahead and focus on strength.

I don't know how good this plan is. That's the reason I'm trying to get some advice. I like to know where I'm going and I like having a plan. I know 4 years is a long time and a lot can change. I can tweak things if and when I need to. I have a goal and I want a plan to get there. I want to compete so bad. I think about it every day. I listen to Iron radio while I work, read as much as I can and train. I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
MattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links