View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

October 17th, 2012 Newsletter.

Quote:
One of the pioneers of modern weight lifting was born 103 years ago today.

Peary Rader, strong man, writer, publisher, and founder of the famous Iron Man Magazine gave an open forum to those that wanted to share their methods for success.

It all started out from humble beginnings.

After several years of trial and error, Rader managed to develop his own method for gaining weight and developing strength.

His results were so obvious to family and friends that it earned him the nickname...

"Iron Man".

In August of 1936, in the midst of The Great Depression, he began publishing a magazine to spread the word.

The first issue was called, "Super Physique", but later changed to, what else...

"The Iron Man."

It was a primitive affair, digest size, with only a few pages and a "huge" first time print run of about 25 copies.

He printed it with an old mimeograph machine found in the trash.

Rader's new magazine was published bi-monthly and available by subscription only.

It grew dramatically as well as the methods of printing.

Peary Rader's reputation was personified through Iron Man over the years.

It was a clean magazine that could be left on the kitchen table.

Rader was an elder in his church.

No need to worry about any offensive language or photos in Iron Man.

He wouldn't stand for it.

He didn't preach religion but occasionally would go off on a rant about some of the "modern supplements" used by the big names of the day.

Peary welcomed other points of view in his magazine offering an open forum to anyone who had something worthwhile to contribute.

He gave a start to many successful writers such as Bradley J. Steiner, Anthony Ditillo, Michael J. Salvati, Bruce Page, etc.

I remember when I would get my copy of Iron Man through in the mail in the familiar brown envelope.

I would drop whatever I was doing and immediately go to my favorite author and begin reading.

Great stuff in those days, Steven,

Valuable information from a variety of sources.

Peary Rader wrote several courses, 3 of which are still available.

Full of useful information that has stood the test of time, year after year.

Go to this link and check them out:

Iron Man - Peary Rader - Rader Master Bodybuilding and Weight Gaining System

Until the next time...

Yours for greater strength,

Bill Hinbern

P.S. "Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
- Michael Jordan,

Although, cut from his high school team, he found a way to become one of the greatest Professional Basketball Players whom ever lived!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote