View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #8
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
The weird thing is the Fitness Centre here has those plastic/vinyl coated plates, not even open metal...not sure how they fare when dropped, I assume they could crack but I dunno.
We have similar weights in my current school gym. Never dropped them from a height, but they do pretty well when set down sloppily after heavy deadlift singles. Some of the students here deadlift over 400 lbs, and I see them set down the weight heavily (though not exactly drop them), and so far none of the vinyl encased plates have cracked.

Yeah, I agree - with a gym you should have more options. I guess the average gym goer's idea of options is drastically different from those who train seriously. That's why these fitness centers are able to get away with murder
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote