View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
...where it's more a case of our equipment will last longer if we don't permit the clientele to throw it about, hence no Oly moves are permitted...but you can snatch a dumbbell
Yeah, I so desperately wish they had bumper plates in my gym. I went for a vacation to India sometime back and went to my old college gym (which I had never used when I was in college, lol). That's a ghetto gym, but in a good way - all they had was squat racks, benching stations, barbells, dumbbells and a bunch of bumper plates. Dropping the bar after presses and cleans was fun

Here after the cleans and presses, I try to lower the bar with minimal control and catch it over my quads and then lower it as I would do for deads. Takes quite a bit out of me, but hey, at least this way, the pump in biceps and forearms after cleans and presses is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
the rack isn't adjustable which means I can't even make use of it for front squats
I am in better shape here, since there are 9 power racks. But when school is in session and the gym is crowded, I have to do without the racks and lift on the open floor. I used to do higher rep front squats on those days, by cleaning the weight to my shoulders first. You could give this a try, but then as you put it down, you will need to catch the weight on your quads and then lower it slowly, if you dont want to drop the weights.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote