View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
Just looking for a little feedback.
I cannot sleep until 4 or 5 in the morning. It doesn't matter what time I get up and how much exercise I do, or my caffeine intake. I only feel sleepy at such a late time.
I have been working rather late, so I usually get home around midnight or so. After dinner and some relaxing I feel I have unwound and 5 am is an ok time to sleep, but I work at 3pm and I can't get out of bed till 12:30-ish. This doesn't leave me enough time to get my workout in before work, and sometimes I sleep instead of hitting the gym.
Is this normal? Is missing a workout due to sleep accetable, or should I not be so lazy?
Make sure the bedroom is pitch black; one small ray of light on the skin sets off our wake-up cycle, apparently. We use a heavy black sheet hung up against the window and then draw curtains across that.

Turn lights down low in the room prior to going to the bedroom, so that the living room lights are also bringing about a state of sleepiness.

When winding down try and cut out as much external noise as possible.

The above may help a bit, every little helps.