View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #727
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
1) Full body sessions. I just don't like training each lift/bodypart only once a week. I can literally feel my muscles wasting away..
Understood. Going a week between lifts is almost mental torture for me. I get an itchy trigger finger and at minimum want to practice.

Quote:
Frequent lifts mean I don't have to go balls to the wall each time. This is especially important with Squats and Benches where I lack a spotter.
Agree. Plus I think the squat frequency will benefit your deadlift.

Quote:
3) Sets/reps. I briefly considered Sheiko but I know myself by now, and I just don't respond well to such a regimented routine. So it'll be a top single (which I love) followed by some back offs to nail form.
I would rather see you use a looser structure than a rigid one.

Quote:
BUT I also like the idea of specificity on some lifts where I don't need variation to fix stuff.
I think squats of all the lifts can be handled best with low to no variation. Bench next. Deadlifts are a beast, so whatever works with them.

Quote:
5) Cycling. I was far too regimented last time, and continually smashed the same lifts week in week out. If there's one thing I've learned from WSB it is that frequently changing lifts is golden for staying healthy (for me). So I'll rotate exercise as and when I can.
While sticking to the same lifts and rep schemes can be done, it's a mental grind after a certain period of time. I think there are far too many quality reasons to cycle in some way, shape or form not to.

I hit burnout from grinding the same grind every week. It took over 6 months to get there, but it still happened.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote