Old 10-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
No video from yesterday. Wasn't much to see. I dipped and felt weak as heck, like there was no way I could sink lower. I've never had this happen before so i aborted.

Weight was buffalo bar 625. Hit 580-585 plenty of times with good speed. I do have pins and can bail.
Well, I used to experience that in gear quite frequently, where you would go down and start thinking about how heavy it felt and then just bailed and came back up with it. This can happen too when you pysche yourself out with a certain number and start thinking oh it's such and such amount and that's heavy and then you loose your aggression and either miss or bail on the attempt. Mentally, I think you just need to chalk it up to a bad day and get pissed off about it.

I have pins too, but unfortunately they are where I put my hands so I use the safety straps (which I know wont work with your current setup). You would be so much better off training with other people, so keep searching. Unfortunately, it can be very challenging to find good people. But having the confidence in a good training partner to see you through a heavy squat attempt and to hand out your benches is HUGE.

The other thing it could be is if you made a huge jump to 625 and didn't get your body and mind ready for the weight. You dint exactly give any detail in your log (which is hard enough to read with all the high fives and posts you get in there