DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Going great DW ... keep smashing the wts. ...
Thanks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Each lift looked smooth, especially that bench. Well done. Closing in on some pretty big milestones.
Thanks, Steve. Yeah, maybe I should've also tried 290 after the 280, but my friend had to leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
Strong session, Max! Bench and pull looked great! The squat was pretty ugly, and I know its normal for you to have a strong forward lean. I have been fighting this forever in my own squat and I think you are loosing 10-15 percent on your squat because of it. I would get your hands out a little further, and drive your elbows under the bar hard (something I think Sam Byrd once told you). Find a spot about 20 degrees up and look at it the whole time you squat, from setup to rack command (this should force you to pack your neck). This is the only thing that prevents me from folding over like an accordion. Either way good luck at your meet.
Thanks, Eric. I'm conflicted in regards to the leaning of the torso. I mean, look at someone like Goggins, who was bent over like crazy when he did some squats around a grand. It seemed to work very well for him.

Bring the hands out further? I was reading that I should try to get them closer together because that would enable me to keep my chest up. Also, I think that the wider grip makes it more difficult to retract the scapula.

Yeah, I'll try to pack my neck. That should help. Thanks for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
very strong lifts! a little advice from a gear whore, keep driving those heels down during the whole bench rep.
Thanks, J. That advice would apply if I was benching flat-footed, but my heels aren't down because they're further back, which puts me on the balls of my feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONpump17 View Post
Great lifting man!
Thanks, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
That deadlift jumped out at me. Super big ass weight man!
Thanks, Josh. Yeah, the 585 was a number I've been chasing for quite some time, and I finally got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Solid! Well done!
Thanks, dude. Also, thanks for the help in the Sheiko CMS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
Great lifting. Is that your best DL?
Thanks. Yeah, that was a 15lb deadlift PR.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)

Last edited by DieselWeasel; 10-11-2012 at 01:58 PM.
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote