Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #10
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Impressive work all the way around, Brute. Vids are awesome. Way to power through deadlifting the car. OUCH!
Thanks MC! It was a great learning experience, not just for the technique and events, but for pushing myself when I would rather just call it a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Very, very impressive Brute
Thanks Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
You have lit a fire under me, Brute! Looking into strongman in my area.
Awesome! You really ought to. The camaraderie among contestants is amazing, everyone is supportive, so no need to worry about a bunch of pricks. Of course, each comp may be different, but who cares, get out and pull some heavy stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Nice going Brute!
Thanks Babs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor View Post
Great job, Brute. I had originally planned on doing that contest, but I ended up working that day

I train with Casey on the regular and his rom for deadlifts is just silly. You gave him too much credit though, he is only 5'4", lol.
Thanks Austin! It would have been awesome if you'd been able to make it. Let me know when you are planning on competing next, if its near enough by, I might just jump in for the heck of it.

In other news, if we're thinking of the same guy, he had hello kitty pirate socks. Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good writeup brute, and great job. Also I think its a good idea to get a log for training - its a humbling lift!
thanks Swede!yeah, that log is crazy, feels nothing like a bar at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Enjoyed the write up. Was nice to see the fruit of your hard work.

I saw you get it moving and then it seemed to die. Couldn't figure out why. Now it makes sense.

Just being able to do 180 in your first year of hardcore training is a nice accomplishment. Speaks volumes for where you are heading.

Herculean effort. You rowed that sucker like a champ.

One inch pulls.

Excellent goals.

Perhaps less time on bench presses and more on OHPs and triceps.
Thanks BtB! We'll get everything figured out for training, I'm just happy right now that I was able to go in and be comfortable with my performance. Next time I'm out for blood though.