View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I was emotionally abused by my father as a child. It has taken me my entire adult life to find a way to function normally. Only during the last 6-7 years do I feel like a healthy, mature human being capable of knowing what right and wise actions are.

For most of these years I had no clue how deep my resulting dysfunctions were. It's hard to heal problems when they don't feel like problems. Some of my problems/issues were part of my defense mechanisms. I thought they were good things.

I still am not whole. In some ways I live to please others, and in some ways my anger towards bullies now has turned me into a man that suffers fools with little patience. I know what I need to do to be the person I want to be, but it will still take time, should I be granted it.

There was a point in time where I came out of my shell and realized I didn't have to be the road, I could be the tire. Taking on the role of the tire was empowering, but it also turned me - in some ways - into the verbal bullies I despised.

The challenge for me now is to master patience, to not assume intentions, to be more of a servant, and to love those who hate me because that is the only option I see as viable. Hatred is a cancer, in any form.

Without turning this overly philosophical, I simply want joy and happiness. When I allow hatred to enter my person, I am allowing the actions of another person to impact my life in a negative manner. I allow them to control me.

I do not want the actions of anyone to control me. This is not freedom.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-08-2012 at 04:20 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links