View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Enjoyed the write up. Was nice to see the fruit of your hard work.

Quote:
There's a tiny incline there and it killed the progress of most competitors.
I saw you get it moving and then it seemed to die. Couldn't figure out why. Now it makes sense.

Quote:
There was no chance I was going to win this event and I was good for 2nd place with 1 rep as several others weren't about to clean or press it.
Just being able to do 180 in your first year of hardcore training is a nice accomplishment. Speaks volumes for where you are heading.

Quote:
Ok, dragging stuff. Not a big deal.
Herculean effort. You rowed that sucker like a champ.

Quote:
I will mention that there was a competitor in the 200 pound class that hit 21 reps. I'll also mention he was maybe 5'5" and the frame barely left the ground for him to lock out. One case where being enourmous didn't help.
One inch pulls.

Quote:
1st, dropping some weight. I'm not looking to move down a weight class so much as just get down to a healthier weight for me. I want to compete in the heaviest class available because I don't believe in the pound for pound strength thing. Either you could move the semi or you couldn't. It was no respector of weight classes.

2nd, conditioning. There's no excuse for bad conditioning in strongman. Time to step it up.

3rd, brute strength. You might have thought I would focus on technique, but no. Technique is nice, but I want to be able to just pick the damn semi up and walk with it next time. Without the base level of strength necessary, all the tech in the world isn't going to do a damn thing. 500 squat, 650 deadlift, and 300 press are on my list.
Excellent goals.

Perhaps less time on bench presses and more on OHPs and triceps.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote