Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
So let's say I wake up one morning with a bad fever, runny nose but I think I can still make it to the gym and lift....but at the same time I don't want to make things worse and collapse in front of the squat rack, how do some of you deal with this? If you're sick and it falls on a training day, do you skip it and do you still try to maintain your dietary requirements for the day?

Thanks!
Drew
As with most things, it depends. It depends on the severity, cause, and symptoms. If the body is "truly" sick, then causing more stress wouldn't be appropriate.

If for example, the fever is 102 degrees, you have heavy chest congestion, sweats, and feel weak as compared to the norm, then.......this is a "reason" to miss a session.

But, one thing is for sure (dependent on severity, etc), I do not allow it to be a foundation for an "excuse" to miss a session. To me there is a distinct "definition" difference between a "reason" and an "excuse".

I have definitely went to train with minor... ,,,colds and sniffles, headaches, aches and pains, feeling lousy with no apparent cause or reason behind it, Sometimes....sweaten' this shit out does it good. Sometimes diet causes certain issues: Such as being low on carbohydrates (with some persons), and if its with me I call it, and drag my old ass in the gym.

Live life and "Roll with it" (as the song goes). But always keep an eye out: As the body can lie and sometimes tell you the truth, and its "your head and mind" that has to make honest assessments of the situation--but at the same do not baby it--unnecessarily.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is offline   Reply With Quote