Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Hey LD,

Quote:
Originally Posted by linedriver465 View Post
Sun: DE BP
DE Bench (8 sets x 3; 3 diff grips)
Week1: 1RM x 50% = 125
Week 2: 1RM x 55% = 140
Week 3: 1RM x 60% = 150
Low volume/high intensity tricep work (rack lockouts, weighted dips)
High stress shoulder (DB BP, DB incline press, military press, DB floor press)
Low intensity/high volume lats/upper back (Vertical pull)
I would seperate out the lats and upper back to ensure you're hitting them adequately. It's such a crucial area, when I'm training 4 days per week I'll hit lats twice with Chins or Rows and upper back twice with Shrugs, Face Pulls etc. It's well worth that.

Quote:
Mon: ME Squat/DL
Main Exercise: back squats, box squat (low, parallel, or high), front squats, rack deadlifts, deadlifts on platform (rotating every 2 weeks), good mornings
Work to a 1RM, then 3 lifts at or above 90% based on the 1RM

Quad work (hack squats, front squats, lunges, step-ups)
Low intensity Hamstrings (glute ham raises)
Low back (back raises, 45 degree back raises, good mornings)
Abs (weighted sit ups, HLRs, side bends, ab wheel rollouts)
I'd question the value of the quad work here. I think if you're moving towards a WSB style routine then you really need to be moving towards a WSB style of execution which is going to involve posterior dominant performance. Hitting quads here represents a contradiction toward what you're trying to achieve.

I'd restructure this day as

ME SQ/DL
Secondary Barbell exercise for the ham/lower back - GMs, RDLs etc
Upper back supersetted with Abs

4 exercises. 2 big ones 2 little ones.

Quote:
Wed: ME BP
Main exercise: flat bench, floor press, incline press, CGBP (rotating every 2 weeks)
Work to a 1RM, then 3 lifts at or above 90% based on the 1RM

Low intensity/high volume tricep work (skullcrushers, pushdowns)
Low stress shoulder work (front/side/rear delt raises)
Low intensity/high volume lats/upper back (horizontal pull; face pulls, scarecrows, seated DB power clean)
This looks fine, I'd make sure you're doing some heavy back work today as well.

Quote:
Fri: DE Squat/DL
DE Squat (10 x 2; parallel box)
Week 1: 1RM x 55% = 205
Week 2: 1RM x 60% = 225
Week 3: 1RM x 65% = 240

OR

DE Deadlift (10 x1 )
Week 1: 1RM x 55% = 290
Week 2: 1RM x 60% = 315
Week 3: 1RM x 65% = 340

Quad work (hack squats, front squats, lunges, step-ups)
High Intensity hamstrings (RDLs, heavy good mornings)
Low back (back raises, 45 degree back raises, good mornings)
Abs (weighted sit ups, HLRs, side bends, ab wheel rollouts)
You really should be squatting and pulling here, unless you're very advanced and don't need the form work I would squat and pull here. It's crucial in my opinion in this routine to squat and pull week in week out. THAT is what fuels your weak point training on a weekly basis. How do you know what to do next Monday? Because you did speed squats/deads on the friday and realise, ok i need a little more midback strengthening or more hip strengthening etc. So this session here is the MOST important session of the week, this drives forward your evaluation and it should make you think where you need to go.

I'd restructure as follows:

DE SQ
DE DL
Upper back supersetted Abs

And that's it. Do the speed squats and pulls hard and heavy AND fast. Remember anyone can move a light weight with perfect form but the trick is to use heavy weights and move them fast. This is NOT a light day.

That's about it, you have the basics down but this really isn't a 'routine' to be critiqued this has to be a living breathing organism which you attend to week in and week out. It demands thought and evaluation on your part to be successful.

Start a log, keep askin questions and hopefully we can all learn from each other. Good luck.

Last edited by Fazc; 10-06-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote