linedriver465
Max Brawn
Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49 Points: 5,829, Level: 49
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Training Type: Volume
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Caffeine
linedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beastlinedriver465 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Coffee + cinnamon whey = win. Must try the cocoa.
Let me know what you think - I buy the unsweetened hershey's cocoa powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Fueled by pizza.

Squats - form looks rock solid from what I can tell. Well done.

Bench - again good, but I would advise some pause work. Your heavy reps are getting close to that bouncing stage. Fast eccentrics can be good, but I would like to see you work on some slightly slower eccentrics with a focus on staying as tight as possible, with a pause at the bottom.

I would rather see powerful, smooth and tight eccentrics. Having to change direction that fast on a press...

Some will disagree with me, but I think if you drop too quickly you have to be extremely disciplined to stay tight.

Deadlifts - very strong, but you raise your hips before the bar left the ground. You started the pull with your shoulders behind the bar are your hips came up to find a better leverage point.
Squats: Excellent! Hopefully the box squatting will help me drive out of the hole, keep the knees out, and chest up

Bench: Yeah, at the meet, I performed paused bench but I was curious about my touch-and-go max. Apparently it's not much higher :/, but that just means there's a technique issue in my bench set-up overall. I will work on staying tight and slowing the bar speed to maintain tightness

Deadlifts: I noticed that as well and seems to become more pronounced as the weight increases - I know that my lower back must be fairly strong haha. I will work on keeping the shoulders behind the bar and finding that leverage point

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Solid #s you put up!!
Thanks brother - now it's time to fix my form and get those numbers up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Agree with Steve on squat and deads. For bench you seem to be a bit all over the place. You do a lot of work to get an arch and then when you're finally set and you unrack, your legs aren't tight and you get no leg drive. You have no tension in your body from the waist down. This will take some experimentation to get right. You'll need to get your feet further back or wider. Hard to tell without seeing you in person. I'll video my set-up tomorrow. That may help you.

Al
Thanks for the input Al! So I'll experiment with keeping the feet further back and/or wider. I'd appreciate the video brother!
linedriver465 is offline   Reply With Quote