This topic reminds me of Body Image: How you perceive yourself and how others perceive you, and how much a mental part this plays.
Some are quite happy with whom they are, while others are not happy with them....and so it goes.
Open your eyes and mind and look around when you are out and about or reading material (on the short list below).
What do you see? Do you look and truly see?
Sometimes one can see:
1. An overweight person that is extremely happy "with themselves".
2. An overweight person that is NOT happy "with themselves"
3. A rather skinny person that is extremely happy "with themselves"
4. A rather skinny person that is NOT happy "with themselves"
5. A person who appears to be at a healthy weight and extremely happy "with themselves"
6. A person who appears to be at a healthy weight and NOT happy "with themselves"
7. A person with medical complications severely intruding on their health is happy and working with it. And, able to do extraordinary feats surprising many.
8. A person with medical complications severely intruding on their health in deep depression, very sad, and disheartened.
Consider the playing ground equal. What is the common denominator here, you think?
The mind can be the catalyst to spring a person to intense and/or simple achievement or compel a person to intense and/or simple despair.
Your mind can determine which side of the fence you are on.
Peel the "inner being" that seems "sometimes" separate from the mind like methodically peeling an orange.
Apply what you see and read with open eyes and cognitive awareness and blend them together for a self benefit application.
The mind and the way we think is so VITALITY important and it gets nearly no time in study, and this is really sad, when it is IT that kills goals and other things in this life.
After losing 40+ unwanted lbs: