View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Victor Costa on Training

Victor Costa is a natural bodybuilder who is big into the mind-muscle connection. He has a DVD out, and Rickster asked if I would talk to Victor about how he trains/has trained. Here is Vic's response to my question..."Did you ever train strictly focusing on heavier weights":

Quote:
Yes _ between the age of 21 and 22. I was eating horribly because I thought I couldn't get any size eating chicken. Honestly went for beer, and toasted almond pops, and pizza. Gained a lot of weight_ about 25_ 30 lbs. Bad form but got strong. So, for about a year trained while well fed. So, lost the weight slowly_ and remained strong but as you know if you forget how to handle weights, you become weak fast. But yes, 1 year switched style. Joints killed me.had to switch style. I am a smaller guy so the extra weight didn't feel good. But, in truth, I think that was my window to get really big and be a pro. I was using crazy weights , and weighed about 205. Perfect time to go for it.
So it appears that Victor gained a lot of his mass during his time of heavy weight and bulking...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links