View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #722
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

4 months until RUM. Going to made some changes and test run a higher frequency benching protocol with some volume, which I have never done before. I have run frequency, but never with a Smolovian volume.

I have nothing to lose and only pounds on my bench to gain, so this should be a fun experiment. While benching is changing, squat and deadlift programming is staying about the same; nothing that I haven't been doing for the last 18 months.

Plan is:

1) Frequency. Lift every other day.
2) Lifts. Squat and bench each day. Squat will be to daily max single.
3) Deadlift. Each 4th day perform deadlifts instead of squats, alternating between heavy and moderate sessions. So, I will deadlift heavy every 16 days.

Sample cycle:

Day 1 - Squat and Bench
Day 3 - Squat and Bench
Day 5 - Squat and Bench
Day 7 - Deadlift (light) and Bench
Day 9 - Squat and Bench
Day 11 - Squat and Bench
Day 13 - Squat and Bench
Day 15 - Deadlift (heavy) and Bench

Notes

--This is a decrease in training frequency. For the last 6 months I had been training 60% of days. This now drops to 50%.

--I will repeat the above cycle about 6 times before entering into a minor deload, and then a month long contest peaking plan. I will be testing Kabuki's (Chris Duffin) 3-2-1-0 for peaking:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/art...countdown.html

--Bench work initial plan is:

Day 1 - 7x5 @ 75%
Day 3 - 6x4 @ 80%
Day 5 - 5x3 @ 85%
Day 7 - 4x2 @ 90%

These percentages are based on my 430 paused Slingshot bench press PR. All reps are paused. The percentages are not as important as the volume and frequency.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote