View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Cold Water and Fat Loss

I was reading a random book yesterday and stumbled upon this little OCD gem:

Quote:
for every one ounce of ice cold water you consume, you burn one calorie
Being the curious mathematical dork, I decided to do a few calculations. What if, I wondered, I drank 32 ounces of cold water per day?

32 ounces x 365 days = 32 calories burned x 365 = 11,680 calories burned per year, or rounding about 3 pounds per year.

I have about 30 years left to live, so by drinking this amount of cold water per day I will lose over 90 pounds by the time I pass on.

then I stop and realize all the cold drinks I've consumed over the year and wonder just how fat i would be if beer was served warm. Scary!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 10-01-2012 at 08:39 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links