View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default John Grimek and Muscle Confusion

John did alternate the structure of his programs every 8 to 12 weeks, from what I understand. But I don't believe his changes were anything dramatic - but I could be wrong. I don't believe he was shocking his system with vastly differently approaches every 3 months, so it surely doesn't seem like muscle confusion in the modern sense.

Quote:
John Grimek’s training routine wasn’t complicated. He stuck with the basics, and rarely rotated exercises. ...John Grimek knew that the basics worked. He didn’t need muscle confusion, or new routines every 8-12 weeks. As long as his program was working, there was no need to change it.

John Grimek’s primary exercises included presses, dumbbell presses, squats, power cleans, deadlifts, snatches, barbell bent over rowing and curls. He did very little else, and was always focused on adding more weight to the bar, eating enough food, and getting plenty of rest.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links