View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

For whatever it is worth, Rich Franklin was in my town for signing autographs, merchandise etc at a local supplement store couple of years back. I asked him about his workout methods and whether it was almost always similar to the Rich Franklin workout video in YouTube, i.e. lengthy circuit training for over an hour.

His reply was that such routines were pretty much what he uses close to the fight to work on his conditioning. During the months after the fights, away from the cage or off-season or whatever you call it, he said his training is similar to powerlifting, with heavy compounds, low reps and relatively longer rest between sets.

I don't know what you mean by a "MMA style workout", but I would guess a "MMA style workout" would depend on how far out you are from your fight. Get stronger when you can, away from the spotlight, and then slowly as you come closer to the big day spend more time on your conditioning, speed, etc.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote