View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I'd have a look at the Rehband brand of supports. They are the most used out there. EliteFTS' own brand comes out pretty well too I believe.

Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
I recently got me a pair of rehband kneesleves and I love them. Keeps it tight and warm and since I started to use them, my knees have stopped to click during warmups =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yeah, I'd say knee and elbow sleeves is more what you'd be after.

In my experience as long as you're sensible about it they will help rather than hinder. I'll be investing in some strengthshop knee and elbow sleeves soon for my raw days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
I wrap my knees after 335 on every squat set, but I have had major surgery on my knee and its more for fear than anything. I wear knee sleeves on my elbows on bench days, mostly because its hard to find an elbow sleeve that fits. I think you will want the sleeves more than the wraps. Never used the knee sleeves, but I would trust Swede and Fraz on their recommendation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Thanks J_Byrd.

Kit, I just ordered a pair of these:

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/sleev...e-sleeves.html

And these:

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/sleev...w-sleeves.html

I've used both before, when training with some of the UK guys and I really enjoyed the support and ease of use. So I'm looking forward to some of my own. You might not want anything quite that strong however so if you take a look at some of these options, perhaps the Rehband stuff you might find something you like:

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/sleev...ps-straps.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I agree with J_Byrd. Sleeves over wraps. Just get a pair that aren't too tight. I use APT knee sleeves for both elbows and knees. The elbow sleeves were two-ply but were too supportive. They would cut off circulation, so I cut the plies apart and use the one-ply now. They keep my elbows warm and I can wear them the whole workout without any numbness. The knees sleeves are a little more supportive but I have a size that is larger than I need. They sometimes cause circulation issues but all I do is pull them down between sets.
Thanks for the responses everyone. I will go ahead and get the blue sleeves from Rehband (Jackals gym)
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote