ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Strong sets. Good luck prepping.
thanks OR ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Great work. Don't overstress the bench press. It's just the one meet and you'll smash it on deads and squat anyway .It's only a precursor to great later performances.
You should do what you would normally do this close to a meet for chest in terms of volume but obviously keep the weight to a level that doesn't mess up your shoulders.
thanks Kuytrider ... Yes need to take care of shoulder otherwise it will create problem ... thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Really excited to hear about the upcoming meet. Perhaps it's a good thing regarding the short notice in the sense you don't have time to overthink things. I'm still a meet rookie, so I don't have alot of advice on how to prepare, except to say that:

A. Practice your commands
B. Do a mock meet prior. Do only the 3 lifts and try to imitate a meet. Ramp up as you would at the meet, but stop once you have lifted your planned opener. Focus on form. Wear your singlet.
C. Up to a week or 2 before the meet, you are not going to get any stronger, so focus on getting plenty of rest, but staying loose.

WRT your squatting today, awesome work as always. Your 395 single was what I did earlier this week!! makes me feel even better.
thanks Jim ... ya in a sense it is better that I don't have too much time to think. For next 2 weeks, planning to do mock preparation for all the 3 lifts twice a week. This will give me 4 chances for a lift. That should be sufficient.

As far as squatting is concerned, just trying to catch up with you. You are already ahead of me.

This is also my first meet. I did participated in a bench press competition in July end. But at that time my shoulder problem was at peak. You can understand the level of competition at my place that despite having a bad shoulder and lifted only 330 in my 3rd attempt, I was the first in my wt. class.

Last edited by ravimolasaria; 09-23-2012 at 01:01 AM.
ravimolasaria is offline   Reply With Quote