Thread: Wraps/Sleeves
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
I was looking around for knee wraps, and based on the info on internet, this is what I understand -
  • Properly used, knee wraps can add to the squat
  • Overuse of knee wraps lead to problems with patella, and hence is advisable to restrict only to the heavy sets.

My primary reason for looking around for wraps is just to keep the elbows/knees warmer and safer during bench/squat, rather than to get assistance in the lifts (and may be risk long term injury). Based on the internet search, it appears to me that knee wraps isn't what I need, but some other form of support.

Those of you who use elbow and knee support, what would you suggest? Do you think regular medical/surgical sleeves would work?
I recently got me a pair of rehband kneesleves and I love them. Keeps it tight and warm and since I started to use them, my knees have stopped to click during warmups =)