View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I disagree on both counts. The power shrug, and the rack pull and power shrug combo have been exercises I have used frequently over the years. I think they can be a good tool for some, and are much easier to recover from. I used them on my light days last year, when I was pulling 3x a week. I also did a lot of heavy shrugs the year my deadlift moved from 565 to 675. I was really only doing shrugs, high pulls with 50% max, and high rep sumo deads. They have provided value at times over the years.

Regarding leg press, some people have weak quads and find them hard to build with squats. I've talked to a few lifters who squat yet don't have amazing quad strength. I see no harm in using the leg press, maybe 15-20 rep sets, to blast the quads and try and bring up overall quad strength.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote