BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Lots of good advice, hope something clicks for you. Only thing I will add was that really pushing my knees out hard kept me from leaning so much. I still do sometimes when my back gets too tired to stay tight, but it helped overall.

Keep working hard and being smart. You'll get where you want to go.
Thanks Mike. I appreciate the insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
WRT High Bar, I also had no idea how to do it really. I did watch some youtube vids. I basically did a set where I normally placed the bar, made reference in my mind where it was, and then made sure it was higher for the 2nd set. It was very uncomfortable at first, so I knew it was in a new position. I was a little worried it may be too high and may cause an injury, but it gradually felt better and better. I knew if I placed the bar any higher, it would be on my neck and I was sure that could not be a good thing. There were a few times where I wanted to quit doing high bar, but I stuck with it because I knew front squats took me awhile to get used to as well. Now I don't even feel the bar much.

I also focused heavily on keeping my chest up and sitting back on the heels, which also seemed to help.
Thanks for the advice Jim. I'll give this a shot. THanks for pointing me in the right direction WRT learning the different bar placement.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote