BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Lower back issues suck, best to get that form issue sorted out asap....we want you reaching 400 squat .... I usually work out alone too. Just bring something along to keep the phone upright so you can snap a vid, if you dont want to post it for all to see im sure Steve or Jim wouldn't mind you sending it to just them....i sure wouldn't mind....anything to help out ,
Another quick question, how much core work are you getting through in a week and when are you doing it? Are you just doing abs or is there direct lower back work in there? Perhaps switch squats to the start of the week when you are fresh or have had most recovery time?

Rip has a nice video out about bar position, ill pm you the link .
Thanks for all the great insight and advice Alan.
I listened to what you said about the phone and I tried experimenting with it this evening. I snapped a video of myself bench pressing. I'm going to make the squat video happen.
I usually 4-7 sets of ab work a week . In the form of leg raises and decline bench crunches. I don't get any direct lower back outside of the squats, deads, and possibly even the OHP. Interested in hearing your thoughts regarding ab work and lower back work.

As for the suggestion of switching squats to the start of the week. This is actually a great idea. When I am working out 4 days a week I do them on day 2, after OHP (day 1). This may very well be having an impact. And even though I am now working out 3 days a week, this last week, due to a weird schedule, I did squats the day after OHP. This is something I feel could be contributing to my issue.
Thanks again!!!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote