Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
BOOM! Congrats.

I have no idea of Smolov Jr. apart from a vague notion that this would involve a huge amount of benching. Will hang around to learn from your experience.
Thank you, kit. The Smolov Jr. approach has you benching 4 times a week for three weeks (although some have run it longer). The regular Smolov cycle is something like 13 weeks. I don't have 13 weeks in a row where I can lift 4 days. It just ain't going to happen. Three weeks is tough enough for me to schedule. Please follow along. Maybe we can BOTH learn something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
time to change the title of the log big man!!!!!

Congrats on the PR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Congrats on that PR....new log title needed
Thank you, gentlemen, but the title of this log is: "big val picks up 405 like it was 315" I picked up 405, but I'm capable of 315 for several reps, so until then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
There is a spreadsheet out there that combines 5/3/1 with Smolov for bench.....let me know if you need it?
Yeah man, I'd be interested in seeing that. Slide me a PM or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanK91 View Post
Nice work Val!

Congrats on the PR..

I'm a little behind you.. Trying to reach 4pps
Thank you, Jordan. I've been very blessed with an ability to deadlift. It never has been a major problem for me, and I can't remember ever coming close to stalling. I've attempted to lift weights I shouldn't have, but the natural progression has always been there. Keep it up, my friend. Grab hold of that dream with the same ferocity you grab the bar. It'll happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Awesome work!
Thank you, bruteforce. You heavy lifters here keep my motivated. I stand amongst good company, surrounded by strong comrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
405!

Bam.
Bam! Like Emeril adding tabasco. When we come back, we're gonna kick it up a notch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Awesome lift! Massive Squat and Dealift PR milestones, bench can't be far behind. You are killing it.
Thank you, Mike. I'm hoping for a bench breakthrough. I'm going to make it my business to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Solid pr!!! Deadlift deadlift deadlift!
Smash PR!! Smash Deadlift!! Smash Deadlift!! Smash Deadlift!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
bam bam bam!!!!!!!!

and there you have it, new PR... great job Val!!!
...and there you have it. Done and done. Thank you nighttrain!

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote