View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #45
Donkeypuncher
New Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Donkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributorDonkeypuncher is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
I have seen a lot of successful athletes on the IF protocol. Conversely, I don't see a lot of "big" guys. IMO IF is good for cutting at best, reasons being: BCAA throughout the day keeps your body sure that it's getting what it needs. I'm pretty sure about 4g of Leucine is what optimizes anabolic response. On the other hand getting to eat all your calories in a short amount of time make your meals a bit more lavish, which I assume helps people that struggle with dieting because of lack of substance, taste, etc. The reason it works well for cutting is because you weren't going to be able to add any additional muscle anyway, so it isn't noticed as much, that most of those calories you eat in your window aren't being utilized to their full capacity, especially protein. The food is more or less just going through the motions. So for cutting I assume that it's even on both sides. Bulking however I wouldn't think it optimum, for many of the same reasons that I stated on the topic of cutting. Just my .02
Huh?

"Big" lean guys typically don't need to IF. They're using enough gear to make up for any mistakes.

Last edited by Donkeypuncher; 09-17-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Donkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote