View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Maik Weidenbach

M&S Talks To Fitness Author And Olympic Level Swimmer Maik Wiedenbach | Muscle & Strength

Quote:
Natural bodybuilders should avoid such long periods of dieting, since it simply costs too much muscle mass. Instead, try “culking”. Bulk sensibly for 2 weeks, lower your calories for 2 weeks, repeat. As a result, you will pack on mass slower but you will stay leaner year-round. I personally like being leaner, it makes me train harder which probably leads to better gains.
Quote:
Overdieting (and overdoing cardio) was another huge mistake. It cost me many pounds of muscle and made me smaller as opposed to leaner. I was following the herd advice and was training with high reps and low weights to burn the fat off. Being natural, you have to keep training heavy, rather reduce the number of sets than the training weight.

As for cardio, you have to find out what works for you, but I do not recommend doing more than 30 minutes per day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote