Master Powerlifter
Brawn
Points: 637, Level: 12 Points: 637, Level: 12 Points: 637, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: SQUAT
Fav Supp: Advocare 02 Gold
Ironman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Do you perfer canvas or poly suits? Why?

Also, had all intentions of speaking at the APF Nationals, but nearly bombed, so was trying to fix that! haha

Both. I compete in single-ply and multi-ply competitions so I have to use both. Can't use canvas in the single-ply meets.

What I look for in any suit is the stopping power and compression. I squat down slow and blast out of the whole, so I need a suit that stops me and compresses my body. This way I can get a blast out of the whole using that compression. Now, the compression can make it hard to hold your breath but who cares, blast the weight up fast and you will have time to blow out air on the way up.

For single-ply: Titan Super Centurion with Titan Centurion briefs. It has very little give in the material which helps with the compression Iím looking for.

For multi-ply: Ginny Phillips Double Thick Canvas with Metal Ace Pro briefs. That combination is like doing a standing leg press. If I wasn't able to use the canvas, I prefer the Titan Boss suit. Itís the closest to canvas that a poly suit comes.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Monster Squat
15% off paperback for M&B users, use discount code: RNB49J66
www.monstersquat.com
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote