Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

For me either Crunches, SitUps or even the Deadbug just isn't what i'm looking for in ab work. For a long time I've thought what McGill is advocating in that article. That abdominal work needs to come in the form an exercise which recruits the muscles surrounding the abdominals as well as the abdominals themselves. Especially if this is occurring while the trainee is standing either on his feet or is anchored in somewhere other than on his lower back.

So a few midsection exercises that I like:

Standing Pulldown Abs. My personal favourite. Unloads the spine and allows for the abdominals to be trained in tandem with surrounding muscles.

Kneeling Pulldown Abs. This, insanely enthusiastic, gentleman is demonstrating the kneeling version.

Dragon Flags AKA Rocky Abs. Not just for looking cool, but actually very good for the abdominals and surrounding areas. Plus, like Chins, they require a good degree of strength to perform in the first place. Being able to do at least a couple of these shows some balanced development.

Ab Roller. Similar concept, connects the torso with the legs and arms.

Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote