View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
A comment from the attached Youtube video.

Quote:
I know crossfitters who can deadlift 120KG without the bar bending, this makes the lift harder. Lifting 120kg without the bar bending is way harder than deadlifting 360kg. They can also run 10km, and a bet this guy can't.
BendtheBar: Just realized that you bend the bar in order to make your 700 lb deadlifts easier. Dont bend it and you will struggle with 300 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis View Post
I just wonder what they think of the World Strongman Series. They say something along the lines "We're almost as good as what you do, but you can't do what we do". I would like to see them say that someone like Magnus, or Savickas. Yeah, Savickas probably can't run a HALF marathon in as good of a time as them, but I'd say the majority of competitors are also no where near strict pressing a 400 lb log over their heads or able to do the stones as fast as he or Shaw...I could go on, but I won't.
Neither logs, nor stones bend. So crossfitters should have a field day in strongman contests, amirite
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote