View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
First of I want to say sorry for once gain repeating a stupid comment made by a trainer at my gym as I did not want to do this again however I just could not let this one go. Today I was told this by a trainer

“Full body workouts are such a terrible way to train, no one is going get a great body on a full body routine “

Please give me some examples of people who have used full body workouts to build an awesome physique and that you are almost certain did not use steroids

Thanks for any response
Most classic bodybuilders till 1950s, before the steroid era used full body routines. Here's a sampling of the better known bodybuilders from that era.

John Grimek

Reg Parks

Steve Reeves

Clarence Ross

Alan Stephan

Jack Delinger

George Eifferman

Dick Dubois (if I am not mistaken, at least while he trained with Reeves)

Manohar Aich (picture at the age of 94)

And even sweet baby Arnold - starting out, before getting on roids, Arnold idolized Reg Parks and followed 5x5 routines. Evidently, they worked pretty well for him too, as evidenced by his photographs at the age of 17

Amongst the modern day natties, Tony Montalbano trains almost exclusively on full body routines, especially during the off season.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 09-14-2012 at 10:48 PM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote