Master Powerlifter
Brawn
Points: 637, Level: 12 Points: 637, Level: 12 Points: 637, Level: 12
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 13
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: SQUAT
Fav Supp: Advocare 02 Gold
Ironman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributorIronman is a consistent contributor
Default Do what is comfortable to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventySeven View Post
I am confused, I break the knee first, but if you dont break at the knee or hip where to to start?

Breaking at the hips first kicks your hip flexor muscle in to help support the weight, breaking the knees first kicks in the quads. The narrower the stance the more you will want to break at the knees, the wider the hips.

Most people are stronger in the hips but if you are one of those narrow stance squatters, a quad squatter, break at the knees first.

The one thing I have learned over the years is that you have to do what works for you when it comes to form on the squat or any other lift. Do what's comfortable to you and it will work.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links