View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #750
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
deadlifts were tough , havent done that much before,
what does that warm up look like? too much reps or too high a jump in weights?
I prefer smaller jumps but fewer reps the closer I get to a working set. The later reps are primarily for CNS stimulation, since the body is warmed and the groove is greased, so to speak.

Perhaps:

60 x 5
85 x 3
100 x 1
115 x 1
130 x 1

This many warmup sets might be a pain, so this would work as well as long as you feel ok:

60 x 5
85 x 3
100 x 1
120 x 1

Quote:
Really annoyed about this , but maybe the extra deadlift work fecked me upů.we will see next week.
It will take a few weeks to adapt. Don't get frustrated on those 20 reppers. Keep focusing on progression as opposed to performance. 20 reppers are brutal and I never get 20 reps the first time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote