Thread: Machinist work
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I was a machinist for a spell. I worked with some larger style machines, which was pretty darn challenging.

It's certainly a craft and a trade that requires a lot of math, logic and intelligence. You have to be on your toes, ready to problem solve each day, etc.

Each machine is fairly unique as well, and learning to program and run new machines is always a fun challenge.

There are certainly crap jobs too, but even with the high volume crap jobs I found myself challenged to ram out as many parts possible in 8 hours.

Anyway, I think it's a decent trade. Once you have experience it also opens doors to better jobs and different jobs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote