Thread: Naomi Kutin
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Her father posted here last year:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...tml#post172003

Quote:
I've been lifting for over 30 years, and as her father, her health and safety come first to me, so I am her "real" coach.

Yes you are right that kids often bring their knees together. We (my wife and I) taught her to overcome that tendency. Doing that is a bad thing, not a good thing.

In criticizing her form, keep 2 things in mind. First, she is doing powerlifting style squats (obviously) which have the bar lower on the back, and thereby bending somewhat forward, than would be true with more conventional types of squats. Actually, by powerlifting standards, her form is decent. Second, form does tend to degrade at higher weights. The third one broke a world record, for the weight class, not just for her age. Certainly, by any reasonable standards, that qualifies as a high weight.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote