Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

[quote=J_Byrd;275725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post

You must have mistaken me for a WS guy? I dont train WS, not even close. I have lifted against them though, their raw strength is off the chart as well. I am sure they are like me, just not interested in raw meets.

Also when did it get about their training method? I thought we were talking about squat form, then I drifted the topic away lol!

One more thing, I agree WS isnt the best method out there for drug free raw lifters. LTL made a good run of it.
Nah I didn't big bag Jbyrd, and I have no cyber gripes. I just go off on a tangent with elite fts, supertraining and westside because its a lot of marketing bullshit they spew out which further pushes us away from another golden age of powerlifting.

I bash the METHODS because in my mind the way anyone trains is directly co-related to their form.Westside method advocates using form to move more weight with gear not moving more weight with your own body so if your form is shit even if you get stronger you are only talking 5-15lbs when it should be 30-50lbs. That is why I attack them for having crappy raw lifters:

Westside of course has some strong lifters, but compared to the elite best of the best raw lifters, westside fails in comparison. Ed Coan the living legend's training focused all around re-enforcing good technique,building the correct muscle and peakingSimple, Basic, Effective. No bands, no chains, no bull$hit. Not to say those movements don't help but not nearly as much as straight weight.

That all being said I got some good gains off some off "Westside" training methods the problem is it isn't really their methods,its the incorrect application of different training typologies for the goal of marketing and advertising strongest gym, instead of strongest pound for pound lifters.

All the old school powerlifters were much better in training, form, physique, numbers and strength all around. Westside is popular because of the numbers, louie always brags about #'s but how many of them travel the world and compete in strict feds and truly put up reputatble numbers?
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote