Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member
Default The greatest thing to fear is fear itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Sunday, 9/9/12

Ladies and gentlemen...I got 'em. And it felt so nice I did it twice.

My intention was to go in and TCB today. Get in. Squat. Get out. That's exactly how it went down.

Cycle IV Wave 3 Workout A

Squat
45x5
135x5
185x3
225x2
275x1
300x1
315x1- New PR!
315x1

I probably had another one in me. I probably had another 5 or 10 pounds in me. But a PR is a PR. I'll take it for today and save the excess for another time. I half thought about doing a widow maker on the leg press, but I wanted to get home and tell my wife. My other thought too is that I have two more PR attempts this week. I'm in energy conservation mode. So I came home and treated myself to two extra Pop-Tarts and an extra glass of milk. Pizza's in the oven. Half of it is mine.

What I took away from today's session is its OK to cut back on the warmup sets when attempting a PR. I didn't feel gassed for the 315, just nervous.

Great milestone over come. Just rememeber as long as your form is tight, spot on and your mentally calm and ready to explode you shall be good to go.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links