View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster2981 View Post
Injury Concerns: I experienced considerable amount of knee cap pain (both knees) during my previous cycle. I saw the doctors and they advised me 2 reduce the weights I do, nothing clinically wrong was detected. After 6 weeks or break and restarting with a new program with light weights, the knee cap pain has disappeared to the extent of 95.0%. I got better knee wraps and they are helping.

2. Cardio: Fat burn mode, Target HR 170 (comes to 10-12 mins)

3. DB Squats - 5 sets (Reps as much as possible in every set)

Consider that it's not always a heavier weightload that causes knee pain/discomfort, it can also be high repetitions; though you are using lightweight for the DB squats, you still have to raise over 75% of your bodyweight in each squat as well (in the form of everything above your calf) and it looks like you're doing between 50-75 reps on squats each time.

Your cardio, depending on what it is, will also affect the knees, put those two together (high reps and cardio) and your knees are going to feel it, eventually.

It may be wise to drop from the 30 reps in your first set and have two more reps in a lesser set but with more load etc. You need to make the routine work for you and doing lots of reps with a light weight may just end up burning your knees out before you get to doing the heavier loads.

Just my opinion, certainly no expert though.