Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
I now feel that I overthink things haha!
Nothing wrong with thinking about what you're doing

But I think having a very prescriptive plan can lead to a lack of instinctive training in the routine. Basically if you think it all through now, there won't be any room for thought later.

The template that these guys follow means that on any particular day they can decide what to do and how to do it. So if it's Push day for example, they can decide what lifts to work on, what assistance to do, what reps etc all based on how they feel at the time.

That's really where your training will shine in my opinion, where instead of doing exercises cos they're listed on your routine you do them because you know you need to do that on a given day. And some of these guys are absolute beasts, I'm talking 180lbs guys who deadlift 660lbs. Or 242lbs guys ripped to the bone who are going for WSM competitions and some even bigger than that. The routine is simple, but what you do on the day is where the real thinking comes in.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote