Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
I suppose I should have clarified: The weight on the scale could say whatever - I'm mainly concerned with the actual size that that weight ends up becoming. Obviously at a leaner body weight you will be smaller than otherwise. (I'm fairly lean as it is)

Got it. So diet is going to be the key factor you'd say, rather than what type of training you're doing?

I would assume a low carb approach would be logical, no? Or at least not going out of my way to eat bread all day.

Thanks Chillen. I know weight fluctuates within a few pounds, for sure.

I have a rough idea of how much to eat for my current weight, although I usually just look at portion sizes over calories. It helps that I have a pretty efficient metabolism.

So I guess the consensus is it will mainly be about balancing my portions and adjusting accordingly? Perhaps experimenting more with lower carb approaches? Fluctuations of a few pounds don't bother me - I'm more concerned with actual size increases.
You are very welcome. I maintain a certain lean mass quite consistently, and take my fitness as serious business, because I have serious reasons for having them. Maybe for the average masses, maintaining a BF under 9 percent is not sustainable, but I'm not the average .

So you have a pretty good idea on what calories and macros are in portion sizes dependent upon the food item, then? A lot of persons do this methodically in the head and do very well with it (instead of keeping records each day, like I do). If you are more interested in not getting any size increases, and not worried about the minor and small variances (that types of macros can bring), and do well with portion control, the main issue then is just making sure your not running a calorie surplus for long....trend periods as this will eventually lead to what you....personally do not want (keeping things equal as what this tissue gain may be).

Wish you much success in everything you personally want, young man.

Don

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 09-05-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote