With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

I suppose I should have clarified: The weight on the scale could say whatever - I'm mainly concerned with the actual size that that weight ends up becoming. Obviously at a leaner body weight you will be smaller than otherwise. (I'm fairly lean as it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
This is a delicate ballance of your macro's added with cardio as needed.

The big one to remember in doing this is muscle weighs more than fat. So you need to:

Use mirror and tape mesure more than scale, but scale is important also in tracking your progress as long as you weight in right away after you pee when you wake up.

This will take out the daily intake vereable. Threw out the day every little thing will change your true weight.

If your macro's are out of balance, even if you hit your cals on point you won't accomplish your goal. Your body will rebel and go the other way and store fat.
Got it. So diet is going to be the key factor you'd say, rather than what type of training you're doing?

I would assume a low carb approach would be logical, no? Or at least not going out of my way to eat bread all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Its largely knowing what your your personal calorie needs are in conjunction with the type and amount of activity you do each day, which would include employment work, training, etc. Cardiovascular activity isn't required to maintain an average (but the same) weight per week.

Weight isn't going to stay exactly the same each day, but you can manipulate it within an approximate +/- 3 or so pounds--when you work at it long enough to know yourself and your specific numeric numbers. Also, you have to consider feces in the colon and urine in the bladder, as these contribute to weight variance at the time of the weighing. Maintaining a certain weight is possible, but you have to accept a "normal" small variance.

For example, lets say you calculate a MT-Line that includes all activity, but your carbohydrates are high (say around 200 plus) for your weight, this alone could have a major affect on your weight variance though your at calorie maintenance.

The bottom line is determining your calorie maintenance according to your activities, and then manipulating the macros, and adjusting these when getting bodily feedback if the variances are to high for your liking. I do this all the time to maintain by specific body weight on an average.

If I want to binge, I prepare for it a week in advance, by keeping calories at MT-Line, reducing carbohydrates which will eventually reduce glucose stores. My body weight drops (water retention is lower), but at the end of the week (or so), my body is prepped to absorb A LOT of carbohydrates without (TISSUE GAIN). The next day, (post eating passed MT-Line and a lot of carbohydrates), I am usually leaner than the day before, with weight gradually rising back to normal as I eat more traditional normal carbohydrates. During this time I usually space out a glucose depletion workouts during the week, and then change the routine the following week to something else.

Any more information let me know.

Don
Thanks Chillen. I know weight fluctuates within a few pounds, for sure.

I have a rough idea of how much to eat for my current weight, although I usually just look at portion sizes over calories. It helps that I have a pretty efficient metabolism.

So I guess the consensus is it will mainly be about balancing my portions and adjusting accordingly? Perhaps experimenting more with lower carb approaches? Fluctuations of a few pounds don't bother me - I'm more concerned with actual size increases.