View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I've wondered, more than once, why it is that safety bars along with spotters cannot be employed in the bench, even for comps; after all, the person arches which means they raise the chest, so if a barbell came crashing down, the chest would sink below the safety bars anyway...less room for potential error; people use safety bars at home but still touch to chest, as far as I know.

So, why not?

Otherwise, you have a severe case of neglect where the spotters are concerned, sicne they are there for the purpose of safety and have to be relied upon; even more so a case in point, if they are chosen and employed by someone other than the lifter themselves.

Just my view; could I put so much trust in someone I did not know, especially if my life was at stake...I highly doubt it. I realise these are normally "freak", once in a blue moon, type accidents, but they do happen and it won't be the last time it does so.