mr_bigmuscles
Max Brawn
Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34 Points: 3,064, Level: 34
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: about a year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: meat
mr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributormr_bigmuscles is a dedicated contributor
Default Stuff

1. Just because pesticides are present doesn't necessarily mean anything. Are the dosages large, small or infitesimal? Do they pose a significant health risk compared to exposure to chemicals from washing-up liquid, plastic packaging, particulates from living in a town, cosmic rays from flying?

Less pesticides is better than more pesticides, don't you agree? I'm not going to sit around and wait for 20 years of double-blind studies before taking simple, easy steps to reduce my exposure to them. And the marginal cost of organic food is not that great (assuming you aren't living paycheck to paycheck). Seems like a no-brainer to me.

2. Again, the ratios may well be different, but to what extent does this affect health? Cruciferous veggies have nutrients that preserve collagen, and might prevent wrinkling, but you'd have to eat kilos of them per day to have any real benefit.

It matters. And, I'm working on it (the eating kilos of food every day thing)

3. But whether it's a placebo effect or not matters. If you're on a tight budget, and you're spending 60% more than you need to on organic stuff, then it would be better to realise that the difference is just in your head.

Of course it's in your head - I was talking about taste...
But yeah, going broke for better tasting food is probably not a good idea.

Log
mr_bigmuscles is offline   Reply With Quote