Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamnoone View Post
Thanks for the great advice. Will use it and work on that form!
This is one of those issues you will find yourself having to work around throughout your lifting career. Don't be afraid to look at alternatives. I rotate the style of squats I do, as extended back squats inevitably catch up to me. Make use of front squats, zerchers, BB hacks, Jeffersons and belt squats as well as the lunge variations. I do mostly rack pulls as I have found conventional deads bother my back more. Some find that sumo deads are easier on the back. You might also look into a trap bar, I know I am, as this too allows you to keep a straighter back. Consider chest supported back work also. There are ways to work around this type injury, you just have to be smart about it.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote