View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:35 AM   #22
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I guess the thing for me is that Lance has been made a scapegoat in a sport where EVERYONE who wins uses some kind of PED or blood doping. As Kyle pointed out the TdF cyclists have been using enhancements since the start of the race. Tommy Simpson died from huge doses of speed he was using to help get him through. Modern racers are on an IV drip every night because they cannot eat enough food to fuel the racing for goodness sakes! Would we rather watch a TdF where they race slower and for less distance? Would we rather watch a Baseball game with no home runs because the batters are no longer on gear? Personally I would not. I

believe that ALL of the top athletes are using something to one degree or another and this is why I dislike the persecution of Lance or any other single athlete. Look at Bigger, Stronger, Faster. In that documentary it is revealed that Ben Johnson (stripped of 100m gold) who everyone claims was on steroids actually tested positive for Ephedra AND that Carl Lewis also tested positive during the run up to the Olympics that year but the American committee decided to retest and surprisingly he passed. The media wants a scapegoat and convinces people that PED use is a small problem. It isn't and to view it as such is just naive.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote