View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #20
jaymax
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31 Points: 2,632, Level: 31
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

jaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributorjaymax is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hard to say. It took me 6 months to find a sweet spot.

I think if you are going to train 90% frequently, meaning multiple times per week, you need to frequently deload. If it's once a week I seem to handle in frequent deloads - kind of like Westside.

I find exercise rotation is more beneficial for some lifts than others. My squats, for example, go up with frequent heavy squatting. Deadlifts need more babying, and later variations don't seem to be nearly as taxing.

Not sure if that helps any.
Actually doing 90% weights just once a week now on bench, rows and squats. Second day is light inclines and chins (5 sets of 8) and lighter deadlifts now (80-85%).

I think I've noticed what you said about exercise rotation myself. Bench variations seem to carry over more but alternating from say back squats to front squats doesn't seem beneficial for me.

By infrequent deloads you mean what..once a month or so? Also I wonder if going from 90% weights on full squats to say sets of 3-5 on half squats effectively deloads you from the 90%+ weights? Technically I can use more weight but my percent effort is lower. Same with lockouts on bench; would a 5x5 on board presses be effective to not overtrain on 90% weights on a full range bench?
jaymax is offline   Reply With Quote